Do you put your audience’s needs first? Do you create content based on those needs? Or do you create content to push what you want your brand to say?
A new study by the Content Marketing Institute (CMI) shows that 90% of top-performing B2B content marketers put their audience’s needs ahead of their company’s message. This creates a valuable bond, influencing audiences to perceive organisations as credible and trustworthy.
The report further advises that great content should be valuable, consistent, easy to find and should be about them… not you.
Other key findings include:
- 56% increased their spending on content creation over the past year
- 61% say changes to SEO and search engine algorithms is the top issue of importance
- 73% use or plan to use personas for content marketing purposes by the end of this year
- 86% use email campaigns while 75% use educational content to nurture their audience
- Only 42% say they have conversations with customers as part of their audience research
Robert Rose, CMI Chief Strategy Advisor, said: ‘Every digital experience we create should not only reflect our focus on winning a moment of truth – where the customer is paying attention – but in deepening the trust gained (or regained) in every step that precedes or follows it.’